Repetitive TMS (rTMS) produces longer-lasting effects which persist past the initial period of stimulation. rTMS can increase or decrease the excitability of the corticospinal tract depending on the intensity of stimulation, coil orientation, and frequency.
Along with applications in neurophysiology, neurology and cognitive neuroscience, rTMS is used in psychiatry for the study of mood disorders and has been recommended in the UK by NICE for the treatment of depression.
DuoMAG XT features:-
- Pulse mode: Biphasic, Biphasic Burst (e.g. theta burst).
- Stimulation rates up to 100Hz (maximum stimulator output of 40% at 100Hz).
- External communications via TTL in/out triggers and USB.
- System control and configuration via Windows based touch-screen.
- Controllable from an external device.
- Custom protocol editor and storage by way of built-in computer.
- Burst function fully configurable (iTBS, cTBS etc).
- Supported by a complete range of Circular, Figure 8 and Cooled Coils.
The DuoMag XT rTMS transcranial magnetic stimulator is a CE-certified medical device for non-invasive brain stimulation in humans. It is limited to investigational and research use in USA.