The Axilum TMS Robot is designed specifically for accurate, safe and reproducible placement of a TMS coil during an experiment or treatment session. The TMS Robot is used in combination with Brainsight TMS Navigation to automatically target and reproduce user-defined trajectories (pitch, tilt, yaw) while compensating for any movement of the subject’s head.
The Axilum TMS Robot is the first robotic solution specifically designed for transcranial magnetic stimulation. It provides the TMS researcher and practitioner with many advantages:
- Accuracy and repeatability of coil placement and navigation
- Compensation for patients’ head movement during TMS session
- Access to any stimulation target or trajectory via hemispheric movement around the subjects head
- Improved patient safety achieved by adapted motor’s power and contact force sensors attached to the stimulating coils surface to ensure appropriate contact force between coil and patient
- TMS sessions can be planned in advance and executed autonomously
- Replication of recorded procedures with automated record keeping of stimulation sites and targets
- Ease of use, improved safety and comfort for operator
Axilum TMS Robot is approved in the EU as a Class IIa Medical Device under the Medical Device Directive 93/42/ECC and as a Class II Medical Device in Canada under the Canadian Medical Device Regulations. The Axilum TMS Robot is intended for research use only in all other regions.