Do you want to increase secondary school student engagement in neuroscience? Could you help to raise the profile of neuroscience and inspire young people interested in the field?
Then represent the Brain Bee in your region by becoming a Brain Bee Ambassador.
What does a Brain Bee Ambassador do?
As a Brain Bee Ambassador, you’ll be your region’s champion for neurosciences and you’ll encourage students to compete in the British Brain Bee neuroscience competition.
As part of this role, you’ll be expected to:
• Promote the Brain Bee and neuroscience in your region’s schools
• Visit schools to give science and careers talks
• Organise a regional Brain Bee competition and select a regional winner (2019 competition)
• Fund raise for the initiative
• Have fun!
What we can offer you:
• Support you with training and DBS check
• Networking opportunities with the most influential scientists, policy makers and public engagement specialists
• Team building events and regular meetings
• Support your on-going career with job references and continuous professional development (CPD)
• Provide an accredited certificate of your contribution to science outreach for your portfolio
• Monthly Volunteer Awards and a Volunteer of the Year Award
Become a Brain Bee Ambassador!