Brainsight TMS navigation system is a revolutionary product used in over 500 laboratories worldwide. It enables a TMS coil to be positioned over a specified target location based upon an individual’s MRI image, MRI generated 3D curvilinear reconstruction of the brain, or MNI average head model brain.
Targets for stimulation can be identified by manually selecting and highlighting the desired structure or location or by combining MRI images with areas of activity highlighted with fMRI, EEG or NIRS. Brainsight provides feedback on coil position and coil orientation (trajectory: pitch, tilt, and yaw) with respect to these predefined targets, critical in accurately repositioning the coil across multiple sessions.
With over 15 years of feedback from hundreds of researchers, the Brainsight system has continually evolved to enable integration of neuromodulation and neuroimaging techniques. The key benefits include:
- Universal compatibility, working with any TMS system, from any manufacturer
- Intuitive software workflow, from setting up to performing TMS in only a few minutes
- Flexible target selection, based on: anatomy; standardised coordinate spaces (MNI or Talairach); multiple overlays (CT, EEG, fMRI, MEP, NIRS, PET etc); and recorded coil locations and trajectories from previous sessions
- Detailed recordings stored for every TMS pulse
- Multiple image file formats supported: Dicom; MINC; Analyze; PAR/REC; NlfTI-1; Siemens .ima; BrainVoyager; VMR; and VMP
- Fully exportable data for offline analysis
- Region of Interest (ROI) paint tool for 3D reconstruction or to highlight a structure, which can be exported to other software as a NIfTI file
- Automatic 3D curvilinear brain reconstruction
- Customised layouts, views and reconstructions to suit all users and requirements
- Target creation using markers or trajectories
Brainsight TMS navigation is Class I Medical Device according to the Medical Device Directive 93/42/ECC within the EU. Outside the EU Brainsight TMS is intended for Research purposes only.